We took an impromptu day trip from Atlanta to Chattanooga on a Sunday, I had always passed Rock City signs on my way to Nashville for ATL and I didn't really know much about Chattanooga other than it looked really pretty from a car window! Let's just say we were very pleasantly surprised! Here are some of my recommendations:
1. Lover's Leap. You can see 7 states from this view at the top of Lookout Mountain! It was a $20 admission fee, but it's totally worth it because there are a lot of photo ops along the way! Keep reading ;)
This is a different angle of Lover's Leap! The photo above is located on top where you see the people standing in this photo! But can we just take a minute to appreciate this waterfall!
2. Rainbow Hall. We stumbled upon this magical hallway on one of the paths up to Lover's Leap. Who knew rainbows were included in the admission price? It's safe to say I'm a fan!
3. Rock City Bench. Stop for a photo op here! Located on the path right after you pay your admission!
5. Polka Dot Wall. After you walk out form a tasty meal at Stir, you will notice this vibrant wall across the street. Don't miss the opportunity to snap a quick pic! Warning: You might get photo shamed by this dude https://www.instagram.com/chadots_creep/ .
6. The Dwell Hotel. What a gem! Also located downtown, definitely staying here next time we come for longer than a few hours! It's retro, vintage decor is just too cute. Plus they recently opened a little cafe inside, it's a perfect coffee spot in the AM. Or you can grab a night cap at their bar in the evening!
7. Walnut Street Bridge. It was built in 1980 so you know there is a lot if history here for all of you buffs! Plus it's really pretty to walk across!